Congratulations to our 2012 inductee – Sue Arnett!
As you all know, Sue loves dogs, and along with her husband Stuart are considered the ‘dog whisperers’ at the park.
Some Raiders facts about our Sue
- Sue met many of our B-Res / Masters players in June 2003 when Raiders players played for Monash Magic at Casey – and won gold. In that group are today’s players: Kerry Trevethan, Claire Shelvey, Mary-Anne Tyler, Kay Williams & Mary Smith
- She joined Raiders that summer – 2003-04 (she could tell it was the place to be).
- Sue joined the Raiders committee for the 2006-07 season and has remained on committee for 6 years. In that time she’s variously organised & co-ordinated our rostered umpires, our uniform purchases & distribution and managed our equipment. She’s always maintained a big storage garage for us…
- Sue goes above & beyond for this club – reflected in the fact that she’s been twice awarded the Club Service Award in 2004-05 and 2010-11, and nominated many times more.
- Sue has taken on our WSA club duty in “the box” many times over the years – secretly, she loves getting on the mike and saying “play ball all diamonds”.
- When the body permits – Sue is a B-Reserve & Masters player. When not she’s the Assistant Events Co-Ordinator, also organising weekends away at Phillip Island for the girls.
- Sue bakes cupcakes for fundraising, organises raffles & prizes, and gets us cheap rates for the sausage sizzles from the local supermarket. She’ll be sorely missed on the Raiders committee.
Good job Susie! You’re a worthy recipient.